lunes, 6 de noviembre de 2017

post 8

Hi everyone,

  Obviously the subject that i prefer is my pottery atelier, it is mean like my biggest subject in all my career.  I stay in there sixteen hours approximately but i go there in lunch time and when i have breaks in other courses. This is my 3th and last year in there and that is why all my compeer and me we are doing personal projects that it is a kind a topic that we want work in ceramic. In my case i'm working with the abandoned adobe house of my great-grandmother and with the mud brick i made a plaster mold which I will generate ceramic copies and try to rebuild this house that i remember.

That is what i've personally spent all this semester, but in past years i learned about how keanding clay pastry and it components, how work the kiln and clay to different temperatures also we learned how to shape the clay and precautions.

I like ceramic workshop because i think that is lofty and beautiful material, and it is a no agressive technique and it has a lot of time with the humanity to utilitarian and ceremonial purposes and i believe that it is something very interisting to study, the history of ceramic art and it technical sheet. The differences between colonial and pre-columbian ceramic that is what makes us currently.




5 comentarios:

  1. I always want to someone explain me how it is the pottery atelier and the ceramic workshop it sounds like a really good subject.

    ResponderEliminar
  2. It sounds beautiful, I would love to see your work of the houses <3, in the textile workshop I also work with houses

    ResponderEliminar
  3. I also think that the technique of ceramic is beautiful! Specially the possibilities that the material has for creating a lot of pieces that can be very different between them.

    ResponderEliminar
  4. Este comentario ha sido eliminado por el autor.

    ResponderEliminar
  5. I've never done ceramic but with your post i want to learn this subject, can you publish pictures of your work??

    ResponderEliminar